Yo ho ho!
It's time to don your best pirates attire, put on your finest eye patch and get ready to set sail on your dreaded pirate ship! That's right, it's that time of year again: Tuckerton Seaport is hosting their annual Privateers and Pirates Festival!
On Saturday June 7 starting at 11am, Captain Black will be coming ashore with the crew of the Valhalla, ready to transform Tuckerton Seaport into a pirate paradise. For the pirate-at-heart, this is the perfect event for the entire family. Meet pirates in person, join a treasure hunt, and get your picture taken on the plan. The best pirate costum will be awarded a prize at the end of the day!
Not only will the day be filled with fun adventures, there will be live music as well. Here are some other great highlights waiting for you:
Privateers & Pirates Festival Highlights
- Pirate Meet & Greet
- Pose on the Plank
- Pirate Costume Contest for Adults and Children
- Piratology 101: Learn about the Golden Age of Piracy!
- Cannon Demo: Watch how to handle and fire a cannon. Volunteers will be needed to join the gun crew. Don’t be scared by the big BOOM at the end.
- Scurvy Mutineers Sword Fight Show: A live steel combat show complete with action and laughs. Volunteers will be selected from the audience to join the mutiny.
- Whip Show: Things will really heat up as tricks and skills are shown.
- Pirate Pistol Duello Show: A stage show of how a friendly game of Liars Dice can go terribly wrong. Learn how pirates settle an argument.
- Amputation Demonstration!
- American Water Puddles Van: Learn about water conservation, where the water locally comes from, how the water is treated and play interactive games where you can estimate your daily water usage
- Watch the Parrot Pirate Party with a Parrot that Talks
- Pirate Food Court
- Make-and-Take Crafts
- Live Music by Pirates for Sail
- Treasure Hunt sponsored by Fantasy Island Plus, Pirate Ship Bounce House included with Admission!
Tuckerton Seaport is located at 120 West Main Street. Admission for the Privateers and Pirates Festival is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors, $5 for children, and free for Seaport Members and children under 5. Event admission includes access to the Seaport’s 40 acres of family fun, featuring maritime activities, historic and recreated buildings, live animals, a boardwalk, miniature golf course, and exhibits.
For more information, find the Tuckerton Seaport on Facebook or call 609-296-8868.