Cape May - Mom Getaway
This past weekend I got an absolutely amazing opportunity to hang out with some awesome mom bloggers, get pampered, all in my favorite city!
I left on Thursday. Um. Early. ha. I was really sad when I dropped Boston off though. I felt that Mommy guilt. Yuck! I hit the road and made it from my house to the front door of Congress Hall in 1 hour 34 minutes. And that's with NO potty break.
I know that the shore is a crazy place this time of year. Likely so!
My life is a crazy place too.
So I really needed this getaway.
There were a few of my Philly Mom Blogger friends there, but the rest were a brand new group of fun women! I got to chat with Cooper & Emily from The Motherhood, which of course was a highlight. They have such an awesome story about how they met. And they are both so super friendly. Wanna talk about a force to reckon with?!?!!? Watch out! Those 2 women are powerhouses! They are heading to Africa this summer to spread the word of women. Awesome story to tell too.
Anyway, I got to meet some other women from NYC & DC too. Some that I've followed and chatted with on twitter-and some brand new ones too!
I spent about 7 hours putting this video together. So I'll keep this really short.
How bout 4 words short.
I LOVE CONGRESS HALL!!!!
Ok. I'll share some more. Cause that surely isn't enough.
*Top 5 Things I LOVED about Cape Resorts Group:
5. They have a resort for every famiy type. Now, for my family-it would seriously have to be a special treat to stay at The Congress Hall. I was blessed to be able to-but I've heard that during high season the rooms run upwards of $400. I definitely have champagne taste with a caviar budget... Date Hotel: Spring for Congress. Family of 4: Beach Shack is great. Quick Getaway: The Star Inn: Needing a condo Type: The Sandpiper. They also have amazing cottages too, if you tie the knot there and need extra space.
4. Congress Hall has more family/kid activities than any resort I've ever heard of. They do everything from kids' karaoke to providing a babysitter for you to take a night out.
3. They use Aveda products. I can't stand the soaps that hotel/motels give you wrapped up in a package..and they expect you to wash EVERYTHING with it. I swear I'm not high maintenance...I swear!!! I just LOVED that. It was the kind that tingles in your head. So yu totally realize it's not the cheap stuff.
7. The Owner, Curtis Bashaw, is a real person. Not just a man in a suit. I found it so fascinating that he was heir to a developer! His grandfather bought up a bunch of properties really cheap & Curtis grew up summering in Cape May. He said he use to run the halls of this mega building playing hide and go seek. This place is HUGE! I loved his passion about every little detail he put into the place.
1. They are the only place in Jersey that has REAL Cabana Boys. They not only put your chair out, toss your umbrella in the sand, but they take your order and deliver it to you. ((Sigh)) Now that is total service.
Here's my recap! Not sure why the video is shaky..POO..but it words till I can re-upload it.