King's Hawaiian Recipes
Last year at BlogHer I was given an awesome sample in the expo hall. Turns out it was Kings Hawaiian rolls with lunch meat that was to DIE FOR!
I love the King's Hawaiin rolls because they have a great sweet taste to them.
Did you know that you can use the rolls to make all kinds of tasty treats?
We are big time Smore's lovers in our house.
KING'S HAWAIIAN SMORES
- 2 King's Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 (1.55 oz.) Milk Chocolate Bar, break in half
- 2 large marshmallows
- Slice each roll horizontally. Toast or grill halves.
- Center chocolate pieces on bottom halves of rolls
- Skewer marshmallows and heat over an open fire to melt
- Sandwich marshmallows between chocolate halves and top halves or rolls
CHEESEBURGER DIP-KINGS HAWAIIAN
- 2 (16 oz.) loaves King's Hawaiian® Original Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 24 oz. American processed cheese
- 7 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1 cup peeled cooked tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup hamburger dill slices, chopped
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- Carve out center core of bread within two inches of bottom and sides, keeping bread intact.
- Cut reserved bread and other loaf into 1-inch cubes for dipping.
- Cook ground beef, season with seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut American processed cheese into chunks and add to cooked beef and stir until melted.
- Add crumbled bacon and diced tomatoes, stir to mix well.
- Spoon warm mixture into carved bread bowl.
- Top with red onion and pickles (to taste).
- Drizzle with Thousand Island dressing (if desired).
- Ground turkey can be substituted for ground beef.
- Bowl dip mixture can be spooned onto King's Hawaiian® rolls for a group meal alternative.
KAUAI CLUB SANDWICH
- 8 KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Mini Sub Rolls
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. prepared horseradish sauce
- 2 tbsp. chili or cocktail sauce
- 2-4 leaves green leafy lettuce
- 8 slices hot, cooked bacon
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (12 oz.) deli-sliced chicken or turkey
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine first three ingredients until well blended; set aside.
- Wrap rolls in foil and warm in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 of mayonnaise sauce evenly over bottom roll, cover with lettuce leaves allowing edges to slightly extend beyond bread.
- Place bacon strips on top.
- Top with tomato slices, then sliced meat to cover entire surface.
- Spread remaining sauce on top roll.
- Secure with toothpicks or short skewers.
These recipes are from Kings Hawaiian website. Happy cooking!
This is one of my favorite recipes to share with friends and family. What is your favorite dish to share with the family? Comment below and you'll be entered to win a $200 Grocery gift card King’s Hawaiian.