Plus Rice Krispies Halloween Recipe
You are turning me into a TASTY TREAT!!!
Love, Jo Mama
Although...the joys of motherhood prevailed me this time. And I'm BUMMED about it. I had a sick kiddo with a 102 fever and more that I dare to share...ahem. (This is a FOOD post, ok? lol)
And I missed this event. My favorite holiday baking is Halloween..and I MISSED IT!!!
Anyway-so they put together this awesome spooky treat sure to highlight any Halloween party!
Check out the Fab Recipe and be sure to WIN $100!!!
Brown Butter Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats – Haunted Pumpkin Patch
--1 stick (8 TBS) butter or margarine
--1 ¼ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
--1 package(about 40) + 10 regular marshmallows
--2 TBS Pumpkin Puree
--7 cups Rice Krispies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Stirring frequently. Butter will foam and then the foam will subside. Brown bits will begin to form at the bottom. Keep stirring. You will smell a nutty aroma and the butter will be lightly brown. Off the heat.
2. Stir in pumpkin pie spice until incorporated. Add marshmallows and stir. Put the heat back on low and stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in pumpkin puree and two drops of red food coloring and 3-4 drops of yellow food coloring (to make desired orange color).
4. Mix in Rice Krispies until they are fully coated with marshmallow mixture. Turn out onto a wax paper lined baking sheet.
To Make Pumpkins:
--One batch Brown Butter Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats.
--Small Pretzel Sticks
--Green Icing tube with Leaf tip.
1. Allow Rice Krispies Treats to cool for a bit.
2. Shape into round balls. Insert a 1/3 of a pretzel stick into the tops to act as a pumpkin stem.
3. Use green icing and an leaf tip to create a small green leaf on the side of the “stem.”
To Assemble Haunted Pumpkin Patch:
· 2 batches of Brown Butter Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats
· 1 batch Brown Butter Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats made into Pumpkins
· 1 can Chocolate Frosting
· 2-3 cups Chocolate Cookie Crumbs (crumble plain chocolate cookies in a food processor or blender)
· 1 bag Marshmallows
· 1 bag Pretzel Sticks
· 2 -3 sticks of Black Twizzlers
· 1/3 cup Reeces Pieces
· Peeps Marshmallow Ghosts, assorted miniature Halloween signs, tomb stones, zombies, bats, spiders , ghosts from a craft store for decorating
1. Spread a baking sheet with wax paper and spray with cooking spray. Make 2 batches of Brown Butter Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats and spread out onto baking sheet evenly. Once cooled completely turn over onto a platter or tray.
2. Frost Treats with chocolate frosting and cover with cookie crumbs (for dirt).
3. Create a “fence” around Treats by taking 2 Marshmallows and connecting them with 2 parallel pretzel sticks. Continue to join pretzels sticks and Marshmallows until the fence goes around the tray of Rice Krispies Treats. Adhere the marshmallows to the chocolate frosting.
4. Make a “path across the middle of the Treats (vertically) with Reeces Pieces.
5. Cut the tops of the Twizzlers down in thin strips to make tree branches and cut them slightly at the bottom (to make roots) and adhere into the frosting for spooky trees.
6. Scatter the Brown Butter Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treat Pumpkins around the “pumpkin patch.”
7. Decorate with marshmallow ghosts and store bought spooky creatures and signs.
$100 Gift Card Contest:
Leave a comment with your kids Halloween Costume for this year!
For additional entries - Tweet, Share THIS:
DO NOT GO HERE TO WIN $100! #Giveaway @JoeyFortman # http://bit.ly/pdaXo0
Be sure to leave additional comments below with links to your mentions!
Abbreviated Rules: No Purchase Necessary. Begins no earlier than 12:00:00 AM (ET) on 9/15/11 and ends no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 10/26/11. For complete Official Rules, go to (http://web.mediacdt.com/docs/BloggerRulesHalloween.pdf ). Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Subject to complete Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: The Motherhood; www.TheMotherhood.com.
Disclosure: This is part of a paid campaign sponsored by the makers of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal ®, TM, © 2011 Kellogg NA Co. and my super awesome friends at The Motherhood. Great site, GREAT circle of moms!
Additional participating blogs can be found listed on The Motherhoodfor more chances to win!