I subscribe to a few blogs through Posterous. Don't get me wrong. I may SOUND like I know what I'm talking about - but I sooo totally don't. I'm still trying to figure out what the heck posterous is and why it's so big.
Anyway- I get a daily email that has stories from some of the blogs I follow on Posterous. And... 9 out of 10 times-there is always something that I click on that I find interesting.
Today was no exception. Other than - I thought you might find it interesting.
SMES is global! To see if you suffer from Social Media Entitlement Syndrome, take a look at a few of the symptoms:
- Feeling and behaving as if one should be granted certain privileges (event access, free products, job offers) because he/she is well-known in social media.
- Expecting all-access to an individual’s private life because he/she occasionally posts personal items in social networks.
- Acting like it’s acceptable and normal to piss (bombrd w/comments, tweets, DMs) on someone’s social stream.
- Demanding that people retweet your content, and resenting them if they don’t.
- Assuming that because you correspond with someone via social media, you should be invited to every social gathering that person plans or is involved with.
Don't worry, while SMES is contagious, there is a simple cure: Knock it off!
Full story at Lalawag.